Reading time about 5 min read
FBA Calendar Update: Important Dates for Amazon Sellers in 2021
Aloha, Amazon seller!
Find all the important Amazon dates in our FBA calendar. We have a full Amazon holiday sale list. Use these tips to plan and forecast inventory send-in dates.
Although we’re now in the early Q2, it becomes clearer compared to the beginning of the year what Amazon events will take place, which of them will be canceled or postponed due to Covid-19 lockdown. It is also clear, that Amazon shopping and sales are growing despite, or, rather, due to the pandemic.
This means that now it’s time to update your Amazon timeline and sync your seller calendar Amazon. May we remind you, that careful planning of your inventory not only saves you money and helps you avoid overstocking and understocking? It’s not only that. A timely update of your Amazon deal calendar gives you an advantage over your competition and extra profits and positive reviews.
FBA Сalendar Amazon Tips 2021
- Plan and update important inventory deadlines;
- Do your quarterly Amazon holidays planning;
- Launch your seasonal promotions to drive sales;
- Don’t forget about country-specific holidays for the marketplaces where you sell;
- Don’t miss the deadline to file corporate tax returns (form 1120) - April 15;
- Remember about an increase in Amazon storage fees from October.
What Kind of Amazon Holidays Should I Consider?
Depending on your marketing strategy, you should plan well your Amazon deals calendar. This includes those occasions when there is a high season for your seasonal products, holidays when there is a tremendous demand for gifts, and a back-to-school time when parents buy school items for the kids. Also, you need to remember about annual Amazon sale-specific dates, like Prime Day or Black Friday, where you can make a fortune if you are well-prepared.
The Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Annual holidays (Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, etc.);
- Holiday dates (Summer Holidays, Christmas, etc.);
- Sale-specific dates (Black Friday, Cyber Monday);
- National holidays for specific marketplace (Dragon Boat Festival or Golden Week in China, etc.);
- Conferences and seller expos.
A Month-by-Month Amazon Seller Calendar for Q2-Q4 2021
- Begin planning for back-to-school time (August)
- Begin planning for Amazon Prime Day
- May 9 – Mother’s Day
- May 31 – Memorial Day
- June 1 – Pride Month
- June 20 – Father’s Day
- July 4 – U.S. Independence Day
- Mid-July - Amazon Prime Day
- July 23 – Olympics Opening Ceremony (Tokyo)
- Begin planning for Black Friday and Cyber Monday (November 27 and 30)
- Begin planning for the holiday shopping season.
- August 1- September 6 – Back-to-school sales
- August 1 – the start of the autumn shopping season
- August 8 – Olympics Closing Ceremony (Tokyo)
- September 6 - Labor Day
- October 31 – Begin planning for Chinese New Year
- October 31 – Halloween
- November 1 - January 1 - Holiday Shopping Season
- November 25 – U.S. Thanksgiving
- November 27 – Black Friday
- November 28-December 6 – Hanukkah
- November 30 – Cyber Monday
- December 24 – Christmas Eve
- December 25 – Christmas
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve
National Holidays for a Specific Marketplace
- April 14 - Double Third Festival (China)
- May 1-5 – Labor Day (China)
- June 12-14 – Dragon Boat Festival (China)
- July 1 – Canada Day
- October 1-7 – Golden Week (China)
- November 11 – Singles Day (China/Alibaba)
- December 26 - Boxing Day
How to Submit a Deal for Seller-specific Amazon Event?
Seller-specific Amazon events are a good chance to boost your sales. Events include Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. First, you need to select the event where you are going to participate. You can find the list of the events in your Amazon Seller Central, on the Deals dashboard. You will see there the events open for deals submission. There you can choose the target event in the Schedule box
However, not every product is eligible for the event. Your ASIN should meet certain criteria
If you don't see the event available in the Schedule, this means that you currently do not meet the criteria to be considered for the event. If the Create a Deal page notifies that your item is not eligible for the event, you cannot participate. If this happens, you can improve the situation by making your products eligible for deals.
Amazon Prime Day 2021
A big Amazon seller-specific date is Amazon Prime Day 2021. Last year, due to a pandemic, Prime Day did not take place until the beginning of winter. This year it is expected in mid-July. If you’d like to take part in Prime Day 2021, you can already apply.
Prime Day is Amazon's largest global shopping event, exclusively for Prime sellers who own great deals and exclusive content. The application for Prime Day 2021 is open to both Lightning Deals and Prime Member Vouchers.
Deadlines for Prime Day 2021
The deadline for applications for Lightning Deals is Friday, April 23, 2021. You can spend your Lightning Deals once a week.
How to apply for Lightning Deals
- Go to the Deals dashboard (Seller Central> Advertising> Deals)
- Click on Create a new deal
- Click on Lightning Deals and select any ASIN that shows "Prime Day Week".
Criteria for Prime Day Lightning applications:
- At least 20% or £ 50 / € 50 less than the current website price
- Should match / beat the lowest price of the year
- Excellent sales history
- 3.5+ star rating
- Images that match the Amazon style
Prime Member Voucher
The deadline for submission of applications for receipt is Friday, May 28, 2021.
You must apply for the competition as soon as possible in order to have every chance of participating in this event.
How to apply for Prime Member Voucher:
- Go to Seller Central> Advertising> Vouchers> Create a new voucher
- List gift certificates indicating the exact dates of their placement before May 28, in order to be eligible for an adjustment to the date of issue of the Prime Day Voucher.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge seller-specific events on Amazon. They happen annually on November 26 and November 29. With the right marketing approach, you can raise big money and make a lot of profit as this is a high season for shoppers.
While Cyber Monday 2021 deals rather focus on tech goods and online sales, in recent years there is a tendency to sell more and more of other product categories.
Due to tons of deals, you can see some delivery limitations on Amazon you need to prepare for these events well in advance. You need to review your listings and PPC strategy, plan for additional promos and discounts. Also, Amazon FBA shipments may slow down during holiday seasons, you need to take this into account when managing your inventory: order enough stock and ship it in advance.
Conferences and Seller Expos Q2-Q4 2021
Despite the lockdown, a lot of conferences are held online. Don’t miss the ones you are interested in.
- Merchantday (Germany) - May 6, 2021, Hanover, Germany
- Seller Sessions Live (UK) - May 15, 2021, London
- E-Commerce Berlin Expo (Germany) - 27th May 2021, STATION Berlin
- The Proven Conference (USA) - July 12 -14, 2021, Tampa, Florida
- Prosper Show (USA) - July 13-15 2021, Las Vegas
- Midwest E-Com Conference (USA) - July 23– 24, 2021, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition (IRCE) - Aug 24 – 25, 2021, Chicago, Illinois
- E-wolucja (Poland) - September 10-11, Wroclaw, Poland
- eCom Chicago (USA) - October 20-22, 2021, Chicago
- Amazon Selling Partner Summit (usually late October) - Date TBC.
And don’t forget to timely monitor your figures to safeguard your profits. Get your easy and visual business analytics with SageSeller’s dashboards. Try them now, it’s free.