Reading time about 3 min read
Amazon FBA Removal Fees. What You Should Know.
Aloha, Amazon Seller!
Amazon provides Fulfillment by Amazon, shortly FBA - a unique and beneficial feature. Sellers can store, pack, and ship their goods with Amazon, so you don't need to do it yourself.
FBA has some rules and principles sellers have to follow. Amazon provides sellers with return fees and disposal of FBA inventory, and of course, it comes with reasonable Amazon fees for sellers.
What are the FBA removal fees, and which Amazon FBA seller fees does the platform charge for other options connected with Amazon FBA? In this post we will discuss FBA Amazon fees, FBA removal fees, and FBA return fees.
How to Remove Inventory From Amazon FBA
Look at the guide to remove items from FBA. Remember, when you remove inventory from Amazon FBA, you pay a small fee to Amazon.
1. Create a removal order
There are two ways for removing orders from FBA. First, go to the Manage Inventory page and remove items from any available listing. Second, choose the items you want to remove manually on the same Manage Inventory page. Select the "Action" and then click "Create Removal Order."
2. Add address and order ID
On the return option, you have to enter the shipping address and order ID. If you choose not to provide an order ID, it will be generated automatically.
3. Indicate the SKUs/units you ordered
You can find the product by ASIN, FNSKU, or MSKU to add more items to the list. Choose the search option and provide these details to the box named "Search and Add Items". Select the products you want to remove and click the button "Add Selected."
4. Add the items to be removed
Enter the number of goods you want to remove from FBA. This number can't exceed the quantity available to be removed.
5. Review the order of the goods to be removed
Check the Amazon removal order and all details after providing products you want to remove. You should definitely check the order ID, the removal method, the details of the items chosen for removal, and the ship-to address.
The Types of Amazon Removal Fees
There are a few types of removal fees:
- Standard Seller Fees: the fees ranging from 15 to 18% of the price after the item is sold.
- Fulfillment by Amazon Fees: these fees are charged for the picking, shipping, packing, handling, customer services, and product returns. The fees payable are per unit and depend on the product size, standard or non-standard size.
- Inventory Storage Fees: are dependant on the month and the average volume of the storage. Usually, Amazon charges storage fees per month. The fees can also depend on product size and could be charged for the units stored in the Amazon fulfillment center for more than 365 days.
- International Fees: Amazon offers Global Export to send inventory across the world.
How to Cancel a Removal Order
You can cancel a removal order in which the status is "Pending" or "Planning." You can't cancel the order with the "Processing" status. Amazon sellers are often canceling a removal order, it's a common practice.
The next steps you need to do for canceling the order are as follows:
- On the "Manage the Order" page, choose the option "Advanced Search;"
- In the drop-down list, select "Order ID;"
- In the order ID section, click the "Search" button;
- Under the "Action" button, choose "Cancel the Order."
Transactions of Removal Order
Amazon sellers are charged a fee once the order has been removed. So, the seller's Payment report has a removal transaction.
Here's how to find a transaction:
- Open the tab "Transaction View" in the section "Payments."
- Choose the "Services fees", which you can find in the drop-down menu.
- Choose the date range you can see in the "Within" menu.
- Choose the "Update" button.
- Choose the "Product details," pick transactions with the "FBA Removal Order" label. On the page, you will see the date of processing the order.