Aloha, Amazon seller!
Find all the important Amazon dates in our FBA calendar. We have a full Amazon holiday sale list. Use these tips to plan and forecast inventory send-in dates.
For an Amazon seller, planning is important to follow all events that are happening on and off Amazon since they influence the shopping behaviors of your potential customers. Keeping track of the events in your Amazon FBA calendar will help you prepare in advance for Amazon important dates like Prime days or Balck Fridays and avoid understock when your customers place a lot of orders.
Bad inventory management eats your profits while being organized and well-equipped when the high season for sales approaches helps you not only earn money but also build up buyers’ loyalty and brand awareness in the case you are a brand owner. It will also help you plan in advance your ad campaigns, discount strategies, and other promo tools. They may also help you get rid of the sitters – the stock that sells slowly.
This means that now it’s time to update your Amazon timeline and sync your seller calendar Amazon. May we remind you, that careful planning of your inventory not only saves you money but also helps you avoid overstocking and understocking? It’s not only that. A timely update of your Amazon deal calendar gives you an advantage over your competition and extra profits and positive reviews.
FBA Сalendar Amazon Tips
- Plan and update important inventory deadlines;
- Do your quarterly Amazon holidays planning;
- Launch your seasonal promotions to drive sales;
- Don’t forget about country-specific holidays for the marketplaces where you sell;
- Don’t miss the deadline to file corporate tax returns (form 1120) - April 15;
- Remember about an increase in Amazon storage fees from October.
What Kind of Amazon Holidays Should I Consider?
Depending on your marketing strategy, you should plan well your Amazon deals calendar. This includes those occasions when there is a high season for your seasonal products, holidays when there is a tremendous demand for gifts, and a back-to-school time when parents buy school items for the kids. Also, you need to remember about annual Amazon sale-specific dates, like Prime Day or Black Friday, where you can make a fortune if you are well-prepared.
The Dates to Keep in Mind:
- Annual holidays (Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, etc.);
- Holiday dates (Summer Holidays, Christmas, etc.);
- Sale-specific dates (Black Friday, Cyber Monday);
- National holidays for specific marketplace (Dragon Boat Festival or Golden Week in China, etc.);
- Conferences and seller expos.
A Month-by-Month Amazon Seller Calendar for 2022
- January 1 - New Year’s Day
- January 17 - Martin Luther King Day
- February 1 - Start of Black History Month
- February 1 - Deadline to send tax form W-2 to employees and IRS
- February 14: Valentine’s Day
- February 21: Presidents’ Day
- March 1 - Deadline to file 1099s via mail with the IRS (form 1096)
- March 8 - International Women’s Day
- March 15: Deadline to file S-Corps (form 1102-S) and for partnerships (form 1065)
- March 17 - St. Patrick’s Day
- Begin planning for back-to-school time (August)
- Begin planning for Amazon Prime Day
- April 1: April Fools’ Day
- April 15: Deadline to file corporate tax returns (form 1120)
- April 15-18: Holy Week
- April 17: Easter Sunday
- May 8 – Mother’s Day
- May 30 – Memorial Day
- June 1: Pride Month begins
- June 14: Flag Day
- June 19: Father’s Day
- June 19: Juneteenth
- July 4 – U.S. Independence Day
- July 18-19 (TBC) - Amazon Prime Day
- Begin planning for Black Friday and Cyber Monday (November 27 and 30)
- Begin planning for the holiday shopping season.
- August 1- September 6 – Back-to-school sales
- August 1 – the start of the autumn shopping season
- September 5 - Labor Day
- September 9: NFL season begins
- October 10: Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus Day
- October 31 – Begin planning for Chinese New Year
- October 31 – Halloween
- November 1 - January 1 - Holiday Shopping Season
- November 25 – U.S. Thanksgiving
- November 25 – Black Friday
- November 28 – Cyber Monday
- December 18-December 26 – Hanukkah
- December 24 – Christmas Eve
- December 25 – Christmas
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve
National Holidays for a Specific Marketplace
- February 13 - Super Bowl Sunday (USA)
- February 21 - Family Day (Canada)
- April 3 - Double Third Festival (China)
- April 30 - May 5 – Labor Day (China)
- June 3 – Dragon Boat Festival (China)
- July 1 – Canada Day
- October 1-7 – Golden Week (China)
- November 11 – Singles Day (China/Alibaba)
- December 26 - Boxing Day
How to Submit a Deal for Seller-specific Amazon Event?
Seller-specific Amazon events are a good chance to boost your sales. Events include Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. First, you need to select the event where you are going to participate. You can find the list of the events in your Amazon Seller Central, on the Deals dashboard. You will see there the events open for deals submission. There you can choose the target event in the Schedule box
However, not every product is eligible for the event. Your ASIN should meet certain criteria
If you don't see the event available in the Schedule, this means that you currently do not meet the criteria to be considered for the event. If the Create a Deal page notifies that your item is not eligible for the event, you cannot participate. If this happens, you can improve the situation by making your products eligible for deals.
Amazon Prime Day 2022
A big Amazon seller-specific date is Amazon Prime Day 2022. This year it is expected in mid-July.
Prime Day is Amazon's largest global shopping event, exclusively for Prime sellers who own great deals and exclusive content. The application for Prime Day is available to both Lightning Deals and Prime Member Vouchers.
How to apply for Lightning Deals
- Go to the Deals dashboard (Seller Central> Advertising> Deals)
- Click on Create a new deal
- Click on Lightning Deals and select any ASIN that shows "Prime Day Week".
Criteria for Prime Day Lightning applications:
- At least 20% or £ 50 / € 50 less than the current website price
- Should match/beat the lowest price of the year
- Excellent sales history
- 3.5+ star rating
- Images that match the Amazon-style
How to apply for Prime Member Voucher:
- Go to Seller Central> Advertising> Vouchers> Create a new voucher
- List gift certificates indicating the exact dates of their placement before May 28, in order to be eligible for an adjustment to the date of issue of the Prime Day Voucher.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge seller-specific events on Amazon. They happen annually; in 2022 they fall on November 26 and November 28. With the right marketing approach, you can raise big money and make a lot of profit as this is a high season for shoppers.
While Cyber Monday 2022 deals rather focus on tech goods and online sales, in recent years there is a tendency to sell more and more of other product categories.
Due to tons of deals, you can see some delivery limitations on Amazon you need to prepare for these events well in advance. You need to review your listings and PPC strategy, plan for additional promos and discounts. Also, Amazon FBA shipments may slow down during holiday seasons, you need to take this into account when managing your inventory: order enough stock and ship it in advance.
Conferences and Seller Expos 2022
Don’t miss the conferences you are interested in.
- NRF NXT (Canada) - January 16-18, 2022, Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Midwest eCommerce Conference (USA, virtual) - March 1, 2022, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- ASD Market Week (USA) - February 27 – March 2, 2022, Las Vegas, Nevada
- eTail Palm Springs (USA) - February 28 – March 2, 2022, Palm Springs, CA, USA
- The Prosper Show (USA) - March 14-16, 2022, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Seller’s Summit 2022 (USA) - May 4-6, 2022, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- E-commerce Berlin Expo (Germany) - May 5, 2022, STATION Berlin, Luckenwalder Str. 4-6
- SellerCon (USA) - May 5-6, 2022, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Retail Innovation Summit (USA) - May 11-12, 2022, McCormick Place, Chicago, IL. USA
- Billion Dollar Summit (Live Conference) - May 5-6, 2022, Virtual
- The Internet Retailer Conference and Exhibition (IRCE) - May 10 – 12, 2022, Chicago, Illinois
- E-wolucja (Poland) - September 9, Wroclaw, Poland
- eCommerce Expo (UK) - September 28-29, 2022, Virtual
- White Label World Expo New York (USA) - 29 – 30 September 2022, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, USA
- Chicago eCommerce Summit (USA) - 13 Sep 2022, Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, Chicago, USA
And don’t forget to timely monitor your figures to safeguard your profits. Get your easy and visual business analytics with SelleRise’s dashboards. It's 14-days free trial now.